Barricades are the last defense of a humanity under siege by the forces of darkness. Barricading will stop Vampires and Zombies from entering a particular building. However, do take note that if a building is barricaded beyond Barricaded, other Humans will need to take 10 AP to enter. If a building is barricaded beyond Heavily Barricaded, other Humans will need to take 5 AP to leave.
Only Humans can build barricade, destroy barricade efficiently, climb in and out of barricaded buildings. Climbing in and Climbing out do not need doors to be opened.
Construction of BarricadesEdit
The construction of barricades can only be accomplished by humans.
A chance of successfully constructing barricade on usable (ruin's level 0) is 80% (no light).
When players successfully construct a level 10 barricade, there will be a message "You look around and find something to help barricade. It looks as if the barricade is almost too strong to easily let in other human beings". telling that the next upgrade will make barricade become heavily barricade.
|Message||Levels of barricade|
|Extremely heavily barricade||16-20|
Sense Presence can be used on barricades from level 0 to 14.
Demolishing Barricades/ Fences/ Televisions/ GeneratorsEdit
Whereas only humans can put up barricades, all of residents can tear them down whether with tools or by tooth and claw. However, Humans can buy the Demolition skill, which greatly aids in the taking down of barricades.
NPCs can randomly destroy barricades.
Chances to destroy are not affected by darkness penalty or players' HP.
|Weapon||Percentage of Success (Demolition skill)|
|Assault Rifle||X (56%)|
|Barbed Wire||X (28%)|
|Brass Knuckles||X (40%)|
|Burning Fireaxe||X (32%)|
|Fire Extinguisher||X (0%)|
|Length of Pipe||X (16%)|
|Length of Chain||X (24%)|
|Molotov Cocktail||X (60%)|
|Night Stick||X (44%)|
|Pair of Pliers||X (24%)|
|Pool Cue||X (13%)|
|Sawed Off Shotgun||X (81%)|
|Wooden Board||X (24%)|
|Weapon||Percentage of Success|
|Weapon||Percentage of Success|
Note: Weapons marked with '*' can only be used by Zombies with the Solid Grip skill. The Flailing Battery zombie skill does not seem to change the average to tear down a barricade.
|Fence||"Hit" Points||Damage to player||Main sources||Notes|
|Picket Fence||2||0||Camp Cabin (Outside)|
|Chain Fence||5||0||Junkyard (Outside), Parking Lot|
|Wooden Fence||10||0||Junkyard (Outside)|
|Barbed Wire Fence||5||2-4||Junkyard (Outside)|
|Electric Fence||5||6-10||Crafting: 6 AP, a Car Battery, a Chain Link Fence, Craftsmanship (Human's skill)||Car Battery's stack is 1|
|Concrete Wall||?||?||Crafting: 4 Pack of cements (???)||Cement is nowhere to be found|
Decimate (zombie's skill), Raze (vampire's skill) and Repairing Edit
Bloaters can destroy inner building increasing level of ruin impacting item search rate.
Decimating takes 2 APs. Chance to success at decimating might depend on which building is decimated.
If a player successfully damages the building, ruin level will go up by one.
|Message||Levels of ruin||Chance to find items (Most buildings with scavenging skill)|
|Usable||0 - 4||70%|
|Very poor repair||10-14|
- Rooftop run allows players to move into buildings which have ruin's level 10 or less.
- Darkness penalty on search rate is approximately -10%.
- Search rate is different for each building.
- Some usable buildings such as Toy Stores,Music Shop, Magic shop, Jewelry, etc. have very low search rates (20%-30%). With the help of scavenging skill, they will be increase to 50% in most cases.
- Scavenging skill affects search rate for each building differently. Normal search rate buildings without scavenging skill have search rate more or less than 70% so scavenging skill will not be a great help for normal buildings.
Raze is activated upon every kinds of successful attacks with 30% chance increasing level of ruin by 2.
Repairing takes 1 AP. Chance of successful repair is 80% in general (no light).
|Level||Message (Inside)||Message (Outside)||HP may be decreased for actions or game ticks||Fire Symbol on building(🔥)||Search/Hiding||May damage inner building||May damage barricade|
|0||No message||No message||0||No||Yes||0||0|
|1 - 10||Small Fire||Smoke is trickling out of the building!||1-2 (Rare)||No||Yes||0||-2|
|11-20||Fire||Smoke is seeping out of the building!||2-3 (Not often)||Yes||Search: Yes
|21-30||Large Fire||Smoke is spilling out of the building!||2-3 (Below average)||Yes||No||-1||?|
|31-40||Raging Fire||Smoke is pouring out of the building!||2-4 (Above average)||Yes||No||-1||?|
|41-50||Inferno||Smoke is billowing out of the building!||4-5 (High)||Yes||No||-1||?|
|51-60||The entire building is on fire!||The entire building is on fire!||4-5 (Very High)||Yes||No||-1||?|
- Every 5 minutes tick in game (1:00, 1:05, 1:10, ...), fire's level is decreased by one.
- When a Mantis Helicopter is destroyed, fire's level is increased by 7.
- When a Pyro dies, fire's level is increased by 7.
- Fire Extinguisher can be consumed by using Fire Fight command (2 ap) to stop fire.
- Burning buildings can be seen if players are at outside of burning builds.
- Giving items or exiting building does not decrease HP.
- Setting up generator uses 5 APs. Setting up Television uses 5 APs. Filling Each Gas Cans use 1 AP. Burning each gas can uses 1 AP.
- You can still set up generators or televisions while building is on fire. Only humans can set up generators and televisions and only humans can operate them.
- Damages from fire apply after actions. Damages from fire are calculated before actions.
- If players hide before buildings are on fire, hiding players will still be in hiding mode even if entire buildings are on fire.
Fire tools Edit
|Item||Fire's level||Note (Generator OFF/Generator ON)||Damage to players||Sound|
|*Generator (0/4)||+0||It is Empty.||0||None|
|*Generator (1/4)||+9||Barely any fuel / It is running low on fuel.||5||Explosion echo (5x5)|
|*Generator (2/4)||+19||Half tank / It is running on half a tank.||10?||Explosion echo (5x5)|
|*Generator (3/4)||+28||Nearly full tank / It is running on a nearly full tank.||15?||Explosion echo (5x5)|
|*Generator (4/4)||+40||Full tank / It is running on Full tank.||19+||Explosion echo (5x5)|
- *Breakers must be on.
- If players use gas cans on fire's level 59 or 60, players will fail trying to burn gas can and there will be a message that "The fire is already raging out of control!".
- Generators can endure 4 hits. Television can endure 1 hit.
- Lighters can be used only to start fire.
- Gas cans can not be used to start fire.
- If you drop items outside of burning buildings, it always counts as burning items even though fire is small.
- Only humans can use Fire Extinguisher.
- Humans do not receive damage from exploded generators.