Infecting and Recovering is a major component in the gameplay of Hell Rising. Once a player dies, given the circumstances or cause of death, the player would be risen as a certain race: Human, Zombie, or Vampire.
Lasts until death or an eventual cure. It turns Vampires and Humans into Zombies if they die from it.
- Zombies bite with Biohazard
- Infectious Spew from a Zombie
- Attacking a Zombie with Infectious Splatter
- Attacked by a Plague Host
- Attacked by a Grim Surgeon
- Using a Vile Serum
- Player loses 1 HP from the following actions:
- Player transform into a Zombie upon death
- Not to be confused with Vampiric Infection (Skill)
The infection is directly given when a vampire kills someone. It turns Zombies and Humans into Vampires.
- A Vampire with Vampiric Infection killing a player with a bite
- The player can wake up as a Vampire
Inject a Revival Serum with an Injector to a corpse. Corpses become Human upon standing up again. Corpses with Cellular Degeneration or Cursed Blood may choose to do so or not.